Wednesday 21 November 2007

Work Experience-not always easy

Making friends with people on the 'inside', you always think it's going to be easy, not always!

From March 2007 to the end of the summer holidays this year I was working at East Grinstead sports club. Being a friendly club, I used to talk to all the customers that came in everyday.
This one guy called Tim, who plays hockey for the first team up at the sports club asked me what I did besides working and I told him I was starting a journalism course at Falmouth. He told me a little about himself, including the fact he works for a company called 'Colour Systems' up in London. I thought this was really interesting what he had told me about it. Tim produces page layouts for Closer and More magazines.
As I do read More magazine I was generally interested in what else the company delt with. I asked Tim if he would be able to consider talking to his manager for a couple of weeks work experience, seeing as I live quite close to London when I am home.
Time went on, and I had a phone call from Tim one afternoon and he said if I send him my CV and a cover letter then I can have some work for over Christmas.
He used to email me to see how uni was going, but as soon as I emailed the two documents he needed, I think the last time I heard from him was about a month ago...just before I sent it to him.
Some people, you have to mind who you trust. So nothing has come of it yet.

No comments: